Canadian Plastics

DSM forms joint venture with Chinese company to manufacture PPS compounds

Canadian Plastics   


The partnership with Zhejiang NHU Special Materials (NHU) gives DSM a PPS compounding presence in China.

DSM Engineering Plastics has formed a joint venture with China’s Zhejiang NHU Special Materials (NHU) to manufacture polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) compounds.

The partnership has been established in Zhejiang province, close to NHU’s linear PPS polymer plant in Shangyu, Zhejiang Province, for manufacturing of high performance compounds.

DSM has a 60 per cent share in the JV, called DSM NHU Engineering Plastics (Zhejiang) Co. Ltd., with NHU holding the remaining 40 per cent.

The JV will produce products branded “Xytron PPS”, and which are aimed at automotive, electrical and electronics, water management, and industrial markets.


DSM will be marketing the product globally, including China.


Stories continue below

Print this page

Related Stories