COOL INNOVATIONS WITH PLA
Here are some of the ways in which Canadian processors and brand owners are using Ingeo's PLA-based biopolymers:
Here are some of the ways in which Canadian processors and brand owners are using Ingeo’s PLA-based biopolymers:
• Thermoformer Tilton Plastics (Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures, Que.) manufactures cookie trays for LeClerc, which produces the Loblaws and President’s Choice line of cookies.
• Bi-Ax Inc. (Wingham, Ont.) sells bi-axially oriented film and sheet made of Ingeo, which is being used for numerous applications such as coffee packages, clear windows for artisan style bread bags, and clear folded cartons.
• Cargo Cosmetics (Toronto) has used Ingeo for an injection molded case for its Plant Love Lipstick, sold at Sephora retail stores, as well as department stores and beauty boutiques.
• +1 Water provides Ingeo water bottles to the Canadian market, with bottles currently being distributed to the Ontario Natural Food Co-op and Mountain Path Organics.
• Montreal-based Dyne-a-Pak is using Ingeo to manufacture foamed produce and meat trays.
• Danbree Corporation (Brewington, Ont.) distributes a FabriKal, Greenware cup line made with PLA, which is being used by the CFL at the Winnipeg Blue Bombers Football Stadium, and by a number of breweries such as Labatt’s, Moosehead and Steam Whistle for various events and venues.
Source: NatureWorks, LLC