Last chance to submit names for CPIA Industry Leadership Awards
The Canadian Plastics Industry Association (CPIA) is still accepting nominations for its annual Plastics Industry Leadership Awards, designed to recognize outstanding individuals and businesses for their commitment and dedication to the growth and sustainability of the Canadian plastics industry. The nomination deadline is April 1, 2015.
“We are proud, once again, to present this opportunity to recognize and celebrate outstanding individuals and companies for their contributions to the plastics industry in Canada.” said Carol Hochu, President and CEO of CPIA.
Award categories are as follows:
Leader of the Year Award
• Individuals who are widely recognized as having made important contributions to their businesses, to their communities and to the Canadian
• They currently own or manage successful and innovative businesses in the plastics sector.
• They have continually used their knowledge and influence to improve the competitive and environmental performance of this industry and are a
• In addition, they contribute their time and resources to community and other organizations dedicated to society-building.
• Individuals who contribute their time, energy and expertise to improving the competitive and environmental performance of the Canadian plastics
• Typically, nominees have been active volunteers in association and industry committees, boards and task groups.
• Nominees are recognized by their peers as having made a positive contribution to the health of the industry either through teamwork or
leadership or both.
Lifetime Achievement Award
• Individuals who have made outstanding achievements and contributed enduring legacies to the Canadian Plastics Industry and to the community at
• Nominees are widely recognized as industry leaders and builders perhaps now drawing to a close an illustrious career, or moving onto a new set
of challenges and opportunities.
• Individuals or organizations who have contributed to the advancement of the Canadian plastics industry in the areas of materials, products,
process/technology, or marketing/communications.
• Nominees may be in industry, academia, government or non-profit organizations.
• Individuals or organizations who have contributed to the sustainability of the Canadian plastics industry in an environmental, social or
economic manner, including post-use plastics recovery.
• Nominee’s contributions could be for efforts related to sustainability in recycling or for products or packaging that has been produced in
Canada and contains at least 20% post-use plastics collected for recycling.
• Nominees may be recyclers, brand owners manufacturing consumer, commercial, industrial and institutional products, retailers manufacturing
their own branded products or plastic companies manufacturing plastic products or plastic packaging.
Anyone can submit a nomination and nominees can be from within your own organization. Nominations can be made online at this link.