Plastics processors among 2015 Ontario Export Awards winners
Two plastics processors are among the winners at the second annual Ontario Export Awards.
November 25, 2015 by Canadian Plastics
Two plastics processors are among the big winners of the 2015 Ontario Export Awards.
Wegu Manufacturing, a Whitby, Ont.-based injection molder for the automotive, mining and construction industries, won the Emerging Exporter award; and injection molder Polycorp Ltd., headquartered in Elora, Ont., won the Services category for the second year in a row.
The primary award – the Exporter of the Year – was won by Mircom, a Vaughan Ont.-based manufacturer of fire detection and alarm systems. Mircom also won the Consumer Products & Technology award.
The Ontario Export Awards are designed to recognize top exporting companies in Ontario with awards in 10 categories. In total, more than 20 were vying for the awards. The finalists – all of which were small or medium-sized businesses – represented industries across Ontario’s goods-producing and services sectors. The awards were presented at a gala held in Mississauga, Ont., on Nov. 24.
Here’s a complete list of the 13 award winners:
• Clean Technology: Prism Care Corp.
• Consumer Products & Technology: Mircom
• Emerging Exporter: Wegu Manufacturing
• Food, Beverage, & Agriculture: Agrocrop Exports Ltd.
• Leadership: Cogent Power Inc.
• Manufacturing & Resources (Small Manufacturer): NEWCON OPTIK
• Manufacturing & Resources (Medium-sized Manufacturer): CAN-ENG Furnaces International Ltd.
• Manufacturing & Resources (Large Manufacturer): Mevotech Ltd.
• Services: Polycorp Ltd.
• Transportation Equipment: Fugro Roadware
• Business Studies Student Award: Shivanie Mangal, of Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning’s
School of Business
• Global Reach: Cyclone Manufacturing Inc.
• Exporter of the Year: Mircom